New in Version 2.4.2 (1060)
- Fix export problem with empty mark feature
New in Version 2.4.2 (1059)
- Fix crash on path operators
- Fix export of custom kern feature code
- Fix saving of nested smart component settings
New in Version 2.4.2 (1057)
- Fix a crash on app startup
- Fixed an issue with nested disabled components
NEW IN GLYPHS 2.4.2 (1056)
OTVar and TrueType
- Added support for OTVar-specific tables, including preliminary support for STAT
- Only export STAT table if requested with custom parameter (individual axes for some glyphs only)
- Added support for virtual OTVar masters
- Added optional Axis Location parameter
- Updated ttfAutohint to version 1.6
- Prevent export TT tables prep, fpgm, cvt if no hinting is in the font
- Different decomposition of nested components: now keeps more components in TrueTypes
- Improved OTVar export with intermediate origin master
- Improved handling of components in OTVar export
- Properly export maxSizeOfInstructions in maxp table
- Fixed export of TrueType without production names
- Fixed missing paths in TrueType export (thanks Christoph)
- Improved handling of corner components: please review your files and report problems
- Significantly improved calculation of inner corners
- Improved corner alignment
- Improved sharp connections in corner components
- Improved pasting of caps and corners
- Improved calculation of smart components
- Improved calculation of corner component between two curve segments
- Removing overlap now properly handles corner and cap components
- Corner and smart components are now separate groups in Font view
- Allow renaming of properties in smart glyphs without loosing settings in components
- Better decompose nested and flipped components
- Fixed: anchors are properly inserted when decomposing special components
- Fixed: scaling of corner components inside scaled components
- Fixed: mirroring of alignment when corner component is mirrored
- Fixed: copying and pasting of paths with corner components
- Fixed: autohinting of components
- Fixed: several issues with smart components (interpolation, renaming of axis)
- Fixed: shifted components with ‘Rename Glyphs’
- Metrics keys can now be more complex, e.g., =H*-0.1
- Metrics keys: Up and down arrows in number field add to additions and subtractions, e.g., =H+10
- Glyph > Update Metrics now also syncs brace and bracket layers
- New ‘Link Metrics With Master’ parameter in Font Info > Masters
- Added TSB and BSB to list mode
- Improved kerning filter with groups that contain greek and punctuation
- Fixed Arabic figure kerning
- CJK: Preliminary support for vpal and palt features, please test and report
- Allow custom mark feature code alongside automatic code, use either “# Automatic Code End” or “# Automatic Code Start” to denote position in auto-calculated code
- Properly handle
include(); in feature code
- Use user-defined coding font size for Feature Editor
- Improved detection of oldstyle figures in feature code generator
- Improved automatic Devanagari feature code
- Make feature pane splitter remember its position (thanks Ben)
- Improved handling of custom kern feature code
- Better support for manual GPOS and GDEF table
Languages & Localization
- Added Bengali to the Languages sidebar
- Added African-Arabic glyphs
- Fixed Arabic ccmp code for shadda ligatures (shadda_xxx-ar)
- Added some support for Syriac script
- Added preliminary support for Adlam script
- Improve the Hangul CID mapping file (thanks Norbert)
- Some Hangul improvements
- Properly scale CJK virtual body
- Updated German localization (thanks @yanone)
- Fixed some typos in the English UI (Thanks @yanone)
- Some GlyphData improvements
Import & Export
- Import more info from OTF
- Don’t touch custom parameters in ufo.fontinfo (thanks Frederik)
- Handling of userData in UFO
- Properly round-trip info values in UFO
- Fixed reading and storing label color in UFO
- Fixed crash on export in macOS 10.9
- Fixed export to .otf
- Fixed export with glyphs that are not compatible
- Fixed problem reading .glyphs file (thanks Fritze)
- Fixed import of .ttc files.
- Fixed import of feature code with custom mark feature
- Fixed import of old suitecase fonts
- Largely improved callback registering in Python wrapper
- Add mousedown/up notifications (for reporter plugins)
- Allow “# MenuTitle:” (with a space) to denote script title (thx @joancarles)
- Fixed an issue where a script could cause deadlock during saving
- Many small Python API updates, see docu.glyphsapp.com (thx @yanone)
- Boolean path operations can now handle overlapping paths with differing orientations
- The state of sidebar panels is now stored
- Auto-alignment of ‘sinf’ and ‘subs’ letters (thanks Ludwig)
- The ‘Has Special Layers’ smart filter also respects reverse bracket layers
- Better font handling for Print-to-PDF in the latest macOS versions (no more garbled text in PDF)
- Improved handling of exit/entry anchors in the Anchor menu in grey info box
- Improved preview image of current master
- Improved ‘Reencode Glyphs’ custom parameter
- Improved SVG table export
- Improved tabbing behavior (empty fields)
- Improved pasting Illustrator outlines
- Fixed: several issues with copying and pasting of glyphs
- Fixed: context menu > Autohint properly hooks up hints to nodes
- Fixed: vertical resizing and scrolling of Font Info > Notes
- Fixed: reinterpolation in Layers panel
- Fixed: dragging instances in Font Info does not reorder instances anymore
- Fixed: regex replace with period and numbers Find and Replace…
- Fixed: upside-down placeholders in glyph selection dialog
- Fixed: growing file size with invalid ‘userData’ keys
- Fixed: renamed glyphs (through custom parameter) are now displayed properly in instance preview
- Fixed: no more ghost numbers in Measurement tool (L) after overlap removal
- Improved stability and performance
- Many small fixes and improvements
NEW IN GLYPHS 2.4.1 (983)
- Guides can now be flipped with the Mirror buttons in the Transformations Panel
- Metrics key calculations can reference opposite side, e.g., '=|+10'
- Constrain Scale tool (S) with the Shift key
- Increased maximum number of smart glyph parameters
- Improved handling of corner and cap components
- New keyboard shortcuts for cycling through masters: Opt-PageUp/PageDown (Fn-Opt-Up/Down on MacBooks)
- New default shortcuts for next/previous tab: (Shift-)Ctrl-Tab
- Active master is preserved when a new tab is opened
- New font custom parameter 'Variation Font Origin' for defining the OTVar origin master: use a master name as value
- Improved handling of components
- Improved export of Brace layers
- Fixed kerning between punctuation and Greek/Cyrillic
- Improved Mongolian nice names (thx John)
- Improved production names in GlyphData
- Updated Traditional Chinese localization
- Expanded and improved Python Wrapper (thx Jan)
- All output from Python plug-ins is now caught and displayed
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Better production name conversion on UFO export
- Prevent duplicate production names
- Improved importing of kern table
- Improved auto-alignment
- Improved UPM Scaling
- Correct calculation of fontbbox value in CFF table
- Fixed export crashes
- Improved QuickLook display
- Improved stability and performance
- Many small fixes and optimizations
- Remove support for guides and background layers in .ufo export
- Fix selection and sorting after copy/pasting or duplicating glyphs
- Fix some issues with offset curve
NEW IN GLYPHS 2.4
- Added Variable Fonts to File > Export, with support for multiple axes and Brace layers (intermediate deltas). For testing, use Google FontView: github.com/googlei18n/fontview.
- Compatibility with macOS Sierra
- Improved Plugin Manager: should work for everyone now
- Reopen last closed tab (Cmd-Opt-Shift-W, or hold down Option key with Window menu)
- Added tooltips to warning icons in Font view glyph cells
- iOS GlyphsViewer now asks for permission to show preview
- Smart filters work on active layers only now
- Added ‘Has Anchors’ to smart filter options
- Warn user about CFF subroutinization problems when glyphs with many nodes are in the font
- Prevent automatic text replacements in code entry UI
- Print dialog now remembers page orientation
- Improved performance of instance preview with a lot of text
- Improved performance and stability of .glyphsproject documents
- Improved double clicking in Font view
- Improved handling of non-printing glyphs
- Improved drag-reordering of sidebar elements
- Fixed arrow key behaviour in Font Info > Masters > Metrics
- Fixed and improved Edit > Compare Fonts
- Fixed behaviour of Font Info and Macro windows in fullscreen mode
- Fixed export of name id 4
- Fixed fullscreen display of toolbar in OS X 10.9
- Fixed issue with upper plane Unicodes in application services
- Many more small fixes and improvements
- Improved stability and performance
- Added ‘Close Open Paths’ to context menu: connects nearest open nodes
- Properly set smoothness of nodes when adding or removing nodes
- Opt-arrowing or Opt-dragging multiple off-curves now locks each point’s angle
- Aligning an anchor will snap it to the background anchor of the same name
- Grey preview letters for empty glyphs are now also visible in text mode
- Show all glyphs that use this glyph as a component: now also works when Text tool is active
- Select newly generated glyphs in Edit view
- Glyph width is maintained after Edit > Clear
- Transformation tools: origin now snaps to other objects
- Improved performance of Round Corner filter
- Layer duplicates do not carry the original layer name anymore
- Edit > Select Sample Text now adds current string if selection was not moved before pressing OK
- Improved stability and performance of clipboard operations
- Fixed and improved Edit > Paste Special (including Undo)
- Fixed glyph info for pasted glyphs
- Fixed nudging (Ctrl-Opt dragging) with selected off-curve nodes
- Fixed unresponsive Edit view after closing a tab
- Fixed empty Edit view when Select All Layers tool is active
- Fixed text reflow with spaces in Edit view
- Fixed selection for Paste-Undo-Redo
- Disable incremental metrics key (e.g., ‘+=10’) when there is an unaligned component
- Kerning is now rounded to the grid
- Update Metrics also works in the background layer
- Custom kerning increments with defaults GSKerningIncrementLow and GSKerningIncrementHigh (no UI yet)
- Custom spacing increments with defaults GSSpacingIncrementLow and GSSpacingIncrementHigh (no UI yet)
- Improved preview of cursive attachment
- Improved filtering in Window > Kerning
- Improved precision of sidebearings (thanks Tim)
- Improved vertical kerning
- Show guide measurements for components
- Glyph > Make Component Glyph now finds accents with multiple suffixes (e.g., ‘acutecomb.sc.narrow’)
- Add Corner now works with more than one selected node
- QuickLook now supports corner and smart components
- Automatically switch alignment when corner component is flipped
- Also allow ‘_smart’ as possible name prefix for smart glyphs
- Transform Filter does not scale components if base glyph is scaled
- Prefer ‘.narrow’ or ‘.i’ variants of accents on glyphs with ‘i’ base glyph (e.g., itildebelow, thanks Alexei)
- Allow 12 parameters in smart glyphs
- Cap components are now included when paths are copied to the background
- Proper handling of smart components in Brace layers
- Improved handling of unattached cap and corner components
- Improved Glyph > Make Component Glyph
- Improved Glyph > Update Metrics with Brace layers and corners/caps (thanks Tim)
- Improved Component from Selection dialog, added input validation
- Improved handling of components in color layers
- Improved Brace layers for nested components
- Improved handling of self-referencing components
- Auto-update metrics when base glyph of components has changed
- Fixed subcategory for precomposed glyphs
- Fixed resizing of smart components with dragging the bounding box
- Fixed preview of auto-aligned components
- Fixed a serious bug with smart components (thanks Roman)
- Fixed path direction of flipped components in Preview (thanks Jan)
- Fixed issue with partially aligned components and metrics keys
- Fixed position of shine-through anchors in nested components
- Fixed recalculation of metrics on adding components
- Fixed cap components on start node
- Fixed size of caps and corners when UPM is scaled
- New custom parameter ‘Color Layers to SVG’ parameter exports a COLR/CPAL or Color-Layer setup as SVG
- New custom parameters: ‘Export COLR/sbix/SVG Table’ for control of color table generation
- Render iColor layers in FontView
- Reverted the rendering order of the color layer preview: now the first layer/master will be drawn last
- Save image data opened from sbix fonts
- Use IgnoreMarks for latin/cyrillic/greek kerning
- Export mark feature code for all glyphs that have suitable anchors
- Improved code for automatic smallcap features (including fallback to default for .loclXXX glyphs)
- Added warning for invalid values in kern feature
- Removed use of script tags in .case part of ccmp
- Fixed generation of pcap feature
- Fixed autogeneration of some OpenType feature (pres, kern)
- Fixed some problems with Indic feature code
- Remove alternate iMatras from pres feature code
- Allow Width value in Bracket layers, syntax:
[<weight value>,<width value>]
- Bracket layers don’t need a name any more, only the bracket with numbers [XX, XX]
- Edit > Show All Masters now includes Brace and Bracket layers
- Added Local Interpolation custom parameter to interpolate some glyphs differently, syntax:
<weight>;<width>;<custom>; include: <glyphnames>
- Fixed interpolation of corner components
- Fixed interpolation of smart components
- Fixed preview of interpolated corner components
- Fixed interpolation of Metrics Keys
- Resolved an issue with extrapolation
- Manual cropping of images by Cmd-Opt dragging a bounding box corner
- You can now copy and paste images from Finder
- Fixed cropped images (thanks Wei)
LANGUAGES AND GLYPH DATA
- Fixed and improved inter-script kerning
- Improved feature code for accented Dutch IJ/ij
- Added missing altName to jdotless
- Fixed Georgian glyph info
- Use last set writing direction in new tabs
- Improved automatic Arabic/Farsi liga code
- Improved preview of auto-aligned Arabic layers
- Improve detection of glyph info in fonts with custom glyph names
- Added Hebrew mark feature code
- Support for handling Hebrew cantillation marks
- Added Tifinagh to sidebar languages
- Added Khmer script tag to mark features
- Added default GSUB for ROS Adobe-Japan1-3
- Fixed Unicode mappings to Adobe CMAPs (Corrected Japan1 CMAP)
- Fixed export of CID font with glyphs that are not in the ROS
- Fixed Japanese groups in sidebar
- Many small additions to the GlyphData XML
USER INTERFACE LANGUAGES
- Added Turkish localization (thanks Nurullah)
- Improved stability for Japanese and Finnish localizations
- Fixed number key shortcuts (master switching, tab switching and Fit Curve) on French and Czech keyboards.
- Updated Chinese localization
- Updated Japanese localization (Thanks Toshi)
- Updated Portuguese localization
- Updated Spanish localization (thanks Txus)
- Implemented Delta instructions
- Added info for Delta instructions
- Added TTFZones custom parameter
- Added the keys next to Caps Lock as shortcuts for TT instructions: a=Add Anchor, s=Add Stem, d=Add Diagonal, f=Add Align, g=Add Interpolation
- Several fixes and improvements in the TrueType tool (thanks Frode)
- Improved rendering and export of TrueType instructions
- Improved automatic TT stem selection
- Fixed selection of first stem in TT tool
- Fixed TT preview image size in 10.9
- Fixed TT preview of active master
- Use zopfli compression for WOFF
- Fixed wrong warning about duplicate instances on webfont export
- New custom parameter ‘Decompose Glyphs’ controls components affected by ‘Rename Glyphs’
- New custom parameter ‘Disable autohinting for glyphs’ (works only for CFF)
- Allow spaces in Value strings of Filter parameters
- Changed behaviour of ‘Keep Glyphs’ parameter: now activates non-exporting glyphs when listed
- Fixed export of ‘Name Table Entry’ and ‘copyright’ parameters
- Store ‘Disable Last Change’ in ufo.lib
- Fixed order of classes and prefix for UFO export
- Fixed import of Unicodes from ufo
- Fixed a small issue when importing ROS
- Fixed AFM and PFM import
- Fixed import of PFB files, including components
- Fixed import of OpenType fonts
- Fixed import of CFF fonts with flex hints
- Fixed glyph names of imported OTF/TTF files
- Fixed import of style name
- Much improved AppleScript support
- Allow setting font size for Macro window:
Glyphs.intDefaults["MacroCodeFontSize"] = 13
- Added a few things to the Python wrapper (including MOUSEMOVED notification)
- Some fixes for the Python wrapper (slicing, remove overlap, userdata, color and glyph.name)
- Improved handling of exceptions in Python code
- Tab.text() give more chars and less escaped names
- decomposedCopy also decomposes corners/caps
- Glyphs accepts files handled by plugins when they are dragged on the app icon
- Workaround for NSBundle bug in Python plugins
- Fixed headers in GlyphsCore.framework
- Fixed GSGlyph.lastChange
__contains__ for font.glyphs and customParameter
- Fixed export of fsType if set through a script
- Fixed stuck Macro window
New in Version 2.3
FONT VIEW & FONT INFO
- Yellow triangles in glyph cells now indicate metrics keys out of sync
- Cmd-Opt-1 through 9 switches Tabs, Font tab is always Cmd-Opt-1
- Added Font Note tab in Font Info
- Added eight new smart filters: Has Annotations, Has Special Layers, Has Hints, Category, Subcategory, Has Custom Glyph Info, Is Auto-Aligned, Metrics Keys Out of Sync
- Glyphs > Add Component now supports adding components to all selected glyphs at once
- Duplicating masters now also duplicates kerning
- Changed ordering of symbols
- New Pencil Tool (keyboard shortcut B)
- 'Open Corner' and 'Reconnect Nodes' now work for multiple selections
- Set Layer color by holding the Option key
- Correct Path Direction for all Masters now also checks for Brace and Bracket layers
- Apply PreFilter in instance preview
- Prefer .case accents in mark cloud for lowercase letters with ascenders
- Fixed tab order in grey info box
- Caps & corners can now be flipped through Transformations palette
- Transformations palette now supports aligning anchors
- Edit > Find > Find supports multiple selection
- Edit > Find > Find supports multiple search terms
- Removed dialog for missing image, showing placeholder instead
- Centering the active glyph in Preview is now an option: access setting via context menu
- Annotation tool now supports panning and zooming
- Allow kerning exceptions without prior group kerning
- Now selects the next node if a node is deleted
- Now keeps open path after Filter > Remove Overlap
- Improved layer grouping for Master Compatibility view
- Improved master compatibility for Smart Glyphs
- Improved preview and display of components in Brace layers
- Brace and Bracket layers are now displayed in bold inside Layers palette
- Fixed behaviour of handles at the end of paths.
- Fixed position of corner/cap badge
- Fixed interpolation/preview of corner components
- Fixed re-interpolation with Bracket layers
- Now prevents smooth corners between line segments
- New app icon (thanks Yanone)
- Many bugfixes and stability improvement
- Now stores more of the UI state in the .glyphs file (e.g., tab zoom and preview setting)
- Fixed an issue with glyphs that are are marked as changed every time the document is opened
- Improved performance with very big files
- Now stores app version in Glyphs file for debugging
- And a few hundred smaller changes and improvements
- Newly added nbspace now inherits width from space
FILE IMPORT / EXPORT
- Check and report instances with the same name on export
- Now better checks for duplicate glyph names on export (thanks Christian)
- Import components from TTF
- Import anchors from feature code
- Import hhea ascender and descender as parameter
- Import PANOSE values as parameter
- Import OS/2 winAscent and winDescent from CFF as parameter
- Improved import of SVG
- Export AFM (option in file system dialog)
- Export vertOrigin to vmtx
- Now better preserves data type in Glyphs file, improves round tripping with UFO
- UFO improvements for Font Info, components, and production glyph names
- Now sets postscriptFontName on exporting UFO
- Small improvements to UFO export
- Added support for cvXX features
- Prevent duplicate substitutions in Arabic dlig
- Added IgnoreMarks to kerning feature in Southeast Asian scripts
- Only use anchors for mark feature that start with a letter (#anchor/_#anchor will be used to align components but not exported to mark feature)
- Autocreation of ornm feature now checks for 'bullet' glyph
- Export GDEF for all 'Nonspacing' and 'Spacing Combining' marks
- Also looks at existing suffixed numbers to determine default figures
- Fixed c2sc feature (thanks christian)
- Fixed anchors for marks inside ligature compounds (top vs. top_X)
COMPONENTS & CORNERS
- Relative metrics keys for auto alignment (e.g. =+20, or =-23)
- Sorting and alignment of small (subscript, superscript) numbers
- When importing metrics, disables auto alignment for components where .metrics file disagrees with autoalignment
- Smart Component layers are included in the MM fixing tools
- Allow force alignment for all components
- Fix decomposition of corners
- Align components at "exit/entry" anchors
- Updated ttfautohint to version 1.5
- TrueType Tool (I): implemented pixel preview for Grayscale, ClearType, DirectWrite
- Manual TrueType hinting: much smoother scaling for horizontal stems in Grayscale and DirectWrite
- Autohint components separately if one has PS hints (thanks Tim)
- Improved TrueType instruction handling and export
- Better preserve hints after filters (thanks Tim)
- shoulderHeight now also used for Hebrew
- Remove Feature now also supports the GPOS features kern and dist
- Replace Feature allows custom kern features for every instance.
- unicodeRanges now also available in instances
- Removed Add Missing Symbol Glyphs parameter and disabled it for TTF export
- New font parameters
- Disable Last Change can help with version control
- Post Table Type
- New instance parameters
- Export Glyphs, toggles export of glyphs
- Has WWS Names, sets bit 8 of OS/2 fsSelection
- makeOTF Argument
- Name Table Entry, adds entries to name table, format: "nameIDs;text", example: 4 3 1 1033;Blabla Sans
- Update Features, forces recalculation of automated features
- Write Kern Table, will export fully expanded kerning
- New master parameters
- Master Background Color
- Master Name
LANGUAGE SUPPORT & GLYPH DATA
- Local Glyph Data: put a custom GlyphData.xml next to your .glyphs file, or in an Info subfolder, or in the parent folder
- Added N’Ko script to Glyph Data
- Glyph Data improvements for many scripts: Malayalam, Hangul, Kannada, etc.
- Many improvements for Southeast Asian languages, esp. Lao, Myanmar (thanks Ben)
- Many improvements for Japanese: Japan1 mapping
- Don’t add IgnoreMarks to Kannada kern feature
- Export abvm/blwm for Khmer
- Allow kerning between Han and Kana glyphs
- Added support for CNS1 mapping files
- Allow custom CID mapping by storing cidXXXX in glyph
- Added a many Unicode 8 and 9 Beta values, mostly Arabic
- Many more and improved decompositions for Arabic compounds
- Prevent nukta_halant-deva in ccmp
- Many small improvements for deva feature code
- Fixed accent cloud for halfforms
- Added simplified Chinese localization (thanks 刘钊, 郭毓海, 仇寅, 汤婷, and Gerry Leonidas)
- Added traditional Chinese localization (thanks But Ko)
- Updated Czech localization (thanks Jiří)
- Updated Japanese localization (thanks Toshi)
PYTHON & SCRIPTS
- Added Window > Plugin Manager
- Plugins can be placed in the Plugin folder with aliases
- Major rewrite and extension of the Python Wrapper (thanks Yanone), please check docu.glyphsapp.com for changes
- Major rewrite of the Plugin SDK for Python (thanks Yanone), please see glyphsapp.com/tutorials/plugins
- Call willActivate() for reporters at app start
- Post notification after exported (GSDocumentWasExported)
New in Version 2.2.2 (826)
- improve handling of missing images
- Slight adjustment of the drawing of end nodes
- Only include 'Nonspacing' and 'Spacing combining' marks in mark/GDEF
- Fix removing of kerning pairs in kerning window with collapsed rows
- Fix kerning of punctuation and more then one other script
- Scroll to active glyph in new tab
- Fix exporting ufo with production names
- Fix version string for ttf export
- Glyphs detail dialog does not change values directly, only if you press OK (will improve performance)
- Fix some undo problems (thanks tim)
- Fix text color in glyph info box when editing glyph name (thanks ralph)
- Fix selection of color layers in layer panel
- Fix import of math/greek letters
- Fix measurement tool in background layers
- Fix error in ccmp feature
- Try to fix crashes
New in Version 2.2.1 (819)
- Fix problem with style names
- Improve layer color handling
- Some minor changes
New in Version 2.2
- New: Cmd-X now cuts and breaks open paths.
- New: Pasting a partial path replaces the path selection.
- New: Instance Preview parameter for the previewed glyphs in File > Font Info > Instances. It takes a list of glyph names.
- New: kerning indicator colors can now be customized in Preferences > User Settings.
- New: Added support for SVG table (Mozilla/Adobe SVG color font): drag SVG files onto a separate "svg" layer.
- New: Allow storing of custom values for script, category, subcategory and production name per glyph. This gives some independence from the GlyphData file.
- New: versionString custom parameter (value: 'Version %d.%03d’).
- New: kerning group names are validated upon entry.
- New: smaller grid for offcurve nodes in coarse grid/subdivision settings.
- New: Link Metrics With First Master custom parameter (for layered color fonts).
- Glyphs now offers to decompose compounds when referenced glyphs are deleted (thanks Christoph).
- Longer glyph names are now possible.
- Increased the number of possible masters.
- You can now add custom shortcuts for all tools in Terminal: defaults write com.GeorgSeifert.Glyphs2 AnnotationTool.Hotkey "q"
- Changed automatic components to pick up non-combining accents, too.
- Glyphs now cleans up its Temp folder: files older than two months are deleted.
- Improved Select All Layers tool.
- Improved Annotations tool: selection, moving/transforming with keyboard, Copy Paste
- Improved performance in the OpenType feature editor significantly.
- Improved master compatibility and display of alignment zones for brace/bracket glyphs.
- Improved bounding box handling and transformation of smart components.
- Improved drawing of background paths and dark background colors, as well as background path drawing on non-Retina displays.
- Proper production names for non-default Unicode settings.
- Improved Apple Color font export
- Improved Color Palette parameter dialog.
- Improved Webfont Only parameter.
- Improved Autohint command in Edit view.
- Updated Cyrillic localization (thanks Alexei).
- Removed validation in Font Info (now allows empty values).
- Fixed: no more 'space' at GID 1 (was needed for compatibility with Apple Pages).
- Fixed: Metrics of Brace layers now properly sync (thanks Christoph).
- Fixed: Add Master from Other Font
- Fixed: Replace Classes parameter
- Fixed smallcap-related problems such as c2sc or composition.
- Fixed: kern feature without any singleton kerning.
- Fixed Kerning Panel problems in MacOS 10.11.
- Fixed: Anchor button (for multiple anchors) in grey Info box.
- Fixed some problems with anchors when exporting TrueType.
- Fixed TTF export with nested components if one component is set to not export.
- Fixed some undo problems
- Fixed problem with "Add Extremes" (thanks Natalie)
- Fixed: corner components are preserved when paths are copy pasted
- Fixed scaling to different UPM with un-aligned components (thanks Linda)
- Many small improvements and fixes.
- Stability improvements.
- Improved glyph width if no advance width is given in the .glif file.
- Mask layer is now imported as background.
- Improved style names in .ufo export and export to .ufo for converted names.
Glyph Data and Language Support
- New: Kannada in the sidebar, first implementation of feature code and Glyph Data.
- New: Thai and Burmese were added to the dimension panel.
- New: Cherokee has been added to the Glyph Data.
- Improved support for Tamil, Khmer, Kannada, Lepcha and Gurmukhi.
- Improved Greek accents, some cyrillic anchors were added
- Improved some arabic component autoalign.
- Improved CJK metrics and vertical mode, added Grid parameters
- Improved Japanese CID mapping and glyph data.
- Improved Glyph Data for Hangul.
- Fixed some Latin accented letters (thanks Mark).
- Fixed composition for precomposed devanagari
- Fixed generating of CID mapping for ROS-0.
- Fixed subcategory for rakar forms
- New: possibility for Scripts to draw (documentation is coming)
- New: plugins can add a file type to the Open/Save dialogs with full document support
- New: old copies of GlyphsApp.py are now automatically removed from script folder
- New: allow menu items from Reporter plugin.
- Removed the delay on first script run. You may need to import some Cocoa classes yourself now.
- Added annotations to Python wrapper.
- Improved error handling for Python scripts (thanks Mark) and error reporting on export.
- Improved Glyphs.documents and Glyphs.fonts proxies in Python wrapper.
- Fixed GSFont.save().
New in Version 2.1 (767)
- New: Filter > Fix Compatibility: Drag the elements up or down to match them.
- New: View > Show Info now shows kerning group info and lock also for the left glyph.
- New: View > Show Bounding Box.
- New: Window > Preview Panel.
- You now can lock many selected guides at once.
- If two nodes are selected when adding a guide, the line will coincide with them (thanks Ben).
- Dramatically improved generation of kern feature: much more kerning is possible without a subtable overflow, and the resulting GPOS table will be smaller.
- Nodes can now be aligned via the transformation palette.
- Images can now be rotated.
- Transformations filter can now export Custom Parameter to the clipboard.
- New and improved warning badges for missing components and bad component references.
- Add Components dialog now remembers the most recent search string.
- Bracket layers: improved preview and mark cloud.
- Feature selector pop-up is highlighted if a feature is selected.
- Auto-alignment for glyphs that are affected by "Rename Glyphs" parameters.
- Annotation tool: Select All selects all annotations.
- Annotation tool: Move annotations with the keyboard.
- Fix drag duplication of paths with curve segments.
- Fixed decomposition of anchors for nested components.
- Fixed mark feature.
- Fixed cursor of knife tool.
- Fixed scrolling in vertical layout.
- Improved "Reconnect Nodes" function.
- Improved anchor decomposition of rotated components.
- Improved display of selected components.
- Improved undo, especially for anchors.
Languages, Scripts, and Glyph Data:
- New Latin decomposition: oslash now uses slashlongoverlaycomb.
- Some glyph names changed for better compatibility with FDK feature code.
- Basic support for Gurmukhi.
- Fixed Devanagari fullforms OT class generation.
- Fixed Hebrew mark positioning.
- Improved Arabic decomposition.
- Export glyphs that are not present in ROS.
- Improved Japanese character mapping.
- Allow extrapolation in Smart Components.
- Editing of multiple Smart Components at once.
- Improved handling of nested Smart Components.
- Smart Components can use Width or Height Property for bounding box scaling. Preliminary support only.
- Smart Components can now use all layers from all masters.
- New: instructed TrueType outline preview for manual TT hinting.
- Improved TrueType prep table for manual TT hinting: basic overshoot suppression.
- Improved performance of TrueType Instruction tool.
- Fixed problems with diagonal hints.
- Minimised path distortions by using freedom vector for manual TT instructions.
- Updated TTF Autohint to latest version.
- New: user-defined Categories and Languages in Font View sidebar.
- New: folders in Font View sidebar.
- Added Music and Braille to sidebar.
- Localized group titles in Font View, grid mode.
- Improved Font View update after adding a glyph.
- New custom parameters: "Replace Feature", "Remove Classes" and "Replace Class".
- Removed validation for style linking check boxes.
- Improved storing of "Color Palettes" custom parameter.
- Preview now respects custom parameters 'winAscent' and 'winDescent', or preferably 'Preview Ascender', 'Preview Descender'.
- Read and write UFO guidelines.
- Fixed writing of widthClass to UFO.
- Improved UFO import and export.
- Improved conversion of lib data between .glyphs and .ufo formats.
- Improved handling of extra UFO layers (background), now compatible with RoboFont.
- Improved stability of UFO handling.
- Major update of the Python wrapper. See docu.glyphsapp.com for details. Many thanks to Yanone.
- Properly set current directory for scripts.
- Fix updating of smart components if values are set by a script.
- Hide Masters button in toolbar in single-master files.
- Fixed preview for fonts without instances.
- Updated Spanish localization (thanks Txus).
- No more quotes for negative numbers in file format. This will cause some changes in version control, but makes the file easier to parse for third parties.
- Fixed copying and pasting of placeholders for sample strings.
- Fixed copying and pasting of upper plane characters (u10000 and above).
- Many small improvements and fixes.
- Stability improvements.
- Improved QuickLook.
New in Version 2.0 (726)
- Added support for color fonts.
- Display color glyphs in font view.
- New Select All Layers tool.
- Added WOFF, WOFF2 and EOT export.
- Added option to export CFF based webfonts (thanks Tim).
- Added QuickLook for webfonts.
- Added Corner, Cap Components
- Added Smart Components
- The decomposition of accented letters uses the nonspacing combining accents now.
- Improved Make Component for glyphs with suffixes.
- Prevent problems with circular components.
- Remove the limit for nested components (thanks Claus).
- Raw components with checker pattern in Master compatibility.
- Snap to nodes in components.
- Allow symbols in mark feature
- Export mark2liga for all scripts.
- Fixed position of nonspacing marks if they where spaced.
- Improved handling of combined marks.
- Mark to Mark positioning works for Indic scripts now (thanks David).
- Fixed drawing and handling of nodes/anchors at different handle sizes.
- Use nested anchors for auto alignment of accents.
- Fixed anchor button in component inspector for nested components.
- Fixed position of center anchor for italic fonts
- Implement LigatureCaretByPos in GDEF table. Add 'caret_XX' anchors to the ligature glyphs.
- Improved lookup of anchors in components.
- Improved auto anchor placement.
- Improved alignment of components on export.
- Fixed generation of the mkmk feature for Latin.
- Adding a component to an empty glyph will set the spacing.
- Fixed auto alignment of scaled components.
- Fixed composition of small caps
- Much improved TT export.
- Automatically add a DSIG empty table to TTF fonts.
- Added TrueType Instructioning tool.
- Improved the decomposition of the nested components for TrueType export.
- Added custom GASP table settings.
- Fixed TTF conversion when missing extremes (thanks Linda).
- Fixed import of OT features from UFO.
- Small UFO fixes.
- Write metrics keys to UFO.
- Improve saved data types in UFO font info.
- Improved precision of values exported to .ufo.
Spacing and Kerning
- Added .metrics file export.
- Added third state to the kerning button in the edit view. It can look the spacing up now while doing the kerning with keyboard shortcuts with the Text tool to prevent accidental changes.
- Improved metrics drawing in text mode.
- Fixed setting kerning exceptions for both glyphs
- Fixed import of kerning classes
- Fixed import of kerning from OTF (thanks Botio).
- Fixed removing kerning exceptions (thanks Daan).
- Added renaming of kerning classes in the kerning panel.
- Fixed metrics drawing for RTL.
- Fixed calculation of width for auto aligned RTL glyphs.
- Changing spacing with the transform filter should preserve components position a bit better.
- Fixed transformation filter setting 'LSB'.
- Implemented absolute metrics keys (use equal+number, =20) (thanks Ralph).
- Implemented im/export of .metrics files. This helps moving spacing, classes and kerning between files. Developed together with Igino Marini form iKern.com.
- Many improvements in the Python wrapper. See docu.glyphsapp.com.
- Load aliases of script files in Script Menu.
- Add a GSInstance.generate() method to Python wrapper.
- (str) Format: 'OTF' or 'TTF'.
- (str) FontPath: The destination path for the final font. If none, it uses the default location set in the export dialog.
- (bool) AutoHint: If autohinting should be applied. Default: True.
- (bool) RemoveOverlap: If overlaps should be removed. Default: True.
- (bool) UseSubroutines: Whether subroutines are used for CFF. Default: True.
- (bool) UseProductionNames: Whether production names are used. Default: True.
- Allow easier Filter parameter names by dropping the 'GlyphsFilter' prefix. You can use 'RemoveOverlap;' instead of 'GlyphsFilterRemoveOverlap; now.'.
- Added 'Disable Masters' custom instance parameter.
- Added 'Use Extension Kerning' Parameter.
- Added 'Keep Glyphs' custom parameter for subsetting.
- Added 'PreFilter' custom parameter. It works just like the 'Filter' parameter but is executed before decomposition.
- Added TrueType related Custom parameters, a.o., 'Remove post names for webfonts', 'TTFAutohint options'.
- Fixed 'Rename Glyphs' parameter.
- Fixed 'Scale to UPM' parameter.
- Added 'Master Color' custom parameter.
- Added 'Color Palettes' parameter.
- Added dialog for settings PANOSE values and export it correctly.
- Scale values in master custom parameters (thanks Ermin).
- Glyph Data updates for Arabic, Devanagari, Thai and many others.
- Shoulder Height Custom parameter. Useful for Arabic or Devanagari.
- A lot of improvements to the Indic script feature support, added some Gujarati, Oriya, Tibetan support.
- Automatically activate all features if Devanagari script is selected (thanks Claus).
- Added contextual Devanagari iMatra feature generation.
- Big improvements to Devanagari handling (thanks Rob).
- Greatly improve the Devanagari feature generation. (a.o., rakar+nukta, add vertical contextual kerning for candaraBindu, thx Alessia).
- Added iMatra feature for Gujarati.
- Added some support for Oriya, Telugu and Malayalam.
- Fixed Arabic kerning.
- Change 'tatweel-ar' to 'kashida-ar'.
- Changes automatic alignment for Arabic ligatures. They are aligned correctly RTL, now.
- First version of Dimension panel for other scripts (only Arabic for now).
- Improvements to arabic glyph data – decomposition and ligature sorting (thanks Pascal and iSkyFalConS).
- Changes automatic alignment for Arabic ligatures. They are aligned correctly RTL, now.
- First version of Dimension panel for other scripts (only Arabic for now).
- Improvements to arabic glyph data – decomposition and ligature sorting (thanks Pascal and iSkyFalConS).
- Improvements to the Japanese CID mapping file.
- Fixed CID font export, add more Adobe-Japan1 GSUB resources.
- Multiple insets for CJK glyphs.
- Set initial width of new CJK glyphs equal to UPM.
- Implemented third dimension for interpolation (thanks Tim).
- Implemented intermediate master with Brace trick.
- Added option to Layer panel: Re-Interploate the current layer (useful for brace layers).
- Improved the compatibility checker. It will check 'Brace' layers and look for anchors.
- Properly interpolate the vertical metrics of brace layers.
- Copy extra layers if master is duplicated
- Fixed drawing of none Master layers in preview.
- Better interpolate exceptions if not present in all masters.
- Added 'Correct Path Direction for all Masters'.
- Improved repositioning of the edit view after switching masters.
- In Layer panel: put the alternate layers next to the masters.
- Implement hint replacement for manually set PS hints.
- Exported TTF fonts can be ttfAutohinted now.
- Implemented manual TT instructions for DW.
- Added regex option to search field in font view, and the Search and Replace in glyph names.
- Added option to invert selection in font view.
- Fixed several undo problems in Font View.
- Improved display of glyph names in glyph info box in font view.
- Added option do negate filter option in sidebar filters.
- Allow unicode chars in list filters.
- Update the sidebar of all open fonts after adding a custom filter.
- Added a few options to smart filters.
- Added 'Has Unicode' smart filter option.
- Fixed selection in list mode.
- Largely improved Paste Special options.
- Added new options to contextual menu item Copy Glyph Names.
- Fixed the gray glyphs (changed) after opening a font.
- Enable context menu from list mode (thanks Tim).
- Improved ordering of circled numbers.
Edit View and Tools
- Reworked the gray info boxes (thanks Thomas).
- Line break on space in edit view.
- Option drag to duplicate selection.
- Now the 'Delete glyphs' command works in the edit view (thanks Tim).
- Implement 'invert selection' for edit view
- Improved the Knife tool.
- Improved the Rotate and Scale tools (thanks Jan, DTF).
- Increase precision of transform values
- Implemented Lock of Guides.
- Fixed typing in textfield if a nonlatin keyboard is selected.
- Added small threshold before the draw tool makes curves.
- Better arrow key movement for Grid Size other than 1.
- Change drawing of end nodes of open paths.
- Draw mask path more clearly before dark background.
- Improved scrolling and zooming behavior especially for vertical mode.
- Improved path direction calculation (thanks Matteo).
- Fixed the handle mirror (by holding ctrl+opt while dragging).
- Fixed default position of preview in edit view.
- Improved restoration and default preview size.
- Fixed problems with manual input of scaling values for components and images.
- Option to change edit view colors in Preferences.
- New layout for the transformation panel.
- Reworked origin selector in Transformation panel (thanks Thomas).
- Fixed Tab order in Transform Panel.
- Added Remove overlap, Subtract and Intersect buttons to the transform panel.
Font Info and Features
- Updated the font info a bit.
- Show custom family names in instance list.
- Improved support for localized font names (add a dialog and supported languages).
- Tweak layout of feature view, textview width and indentation.
- Allow groups in feature list sidebar to be collapsed.
- Added code for automatic update of classes 'All' and 'AllLetters'.
- Added more glyphs with .tf suffix to the tnum feature.
- Added a few more features (pcap, c2pc, hlig etc.) to feature generator.
- Check for disabled classes and prefixes.
- Don’t add mgrk, cpsp feature automatically, Add option to add them and some classes manually from the add button.
- Fixed generation of the LanguageSystems tag.
- Fixed calculation of dlig feature.
- Fixed problem with empty kerning kern feature.
- Improved kerning feature generator.
- Fixed languages in Feature popup.
- Try to keep feature order for non automatic features on updating.
- Prevent duplicate substitutions.
- Updated pres feature on export. This gives better results for MM fonts.
- Fixed import of underline position.
- Fixed export of ssXX names with very short names.
Glyph Data and Glyph Handling
- Allow glyph ranges in 'Generate Glyphs' command (uni1234:uni1238 or ⿈:⿕ or Α:Ω)(thanks Ben).
- The 'Generate Glyphs' command only add glyphs that are not in the font yet (thanks Jan).
- Added copy/paste in Generate Missing Glyphs popup.
- Automatically set new glyphs to not export if name starts with '_'.
- Better preserve names for generated glyphs if nice names are disabled.
- Reworked the glyphData that supports more alternative naming schemes.
- Allow multiple selections in Glyph Info window.
- Added option to search for the character in Glyph Info window
- Fixed some overlapping alternative names in Glyph Data (thanks Tosche).
- Fixed loading of legacy names from custom Glyph Data.
- Improved anchor and accent definition in Glyph Data.
- Improvements to polytonic Greek glyph data.
Internals and Troubleshooting
- Fixed reading of SVG code.
- Change the lastChange value in the .glyphs file to always store in GMT.
- Prevent empty export path.
- Improved error reporting on export to OTF.
- Added new Filter 'Rounded Font', esp. for CJK.
- Fixed and improved precision of Offset Paths filter.
- Added reconnect Nodes command to the menu.
- Improved handling of .narrow (or .i) accents for i-glyphs (thanks Tim).
- Use the destination path also in the generateFont.command.
- Added Plugin Manager to preferences. It will tell alert if new versions of installed plugins are available.
- Many performance improvements
- Fixed precision of floating point coordinates.
- Split the Layer menu in a Glyph and a Path menu.
- Updated localizations.
- A lot of small fixes and improvements.